Thursday, July 01, 2010

Happy Birthday, BSF!

That's right. BSF. For those of you who don't know what that means, it means Best Stamping Friend. And my BSF is Kim, The MFT Lady. And we are surprising her with this blog hop to celebrate.


One of Kim's most beloved lines are the PI girls. So I took 2 of her sets, used a little of the MFT paper, added some bling and MFT ribbon, colored it up with some colored pencil and gamsol and this sweet little card was born. I really must like my BSF a lot because you'll notice that I actually pulled out the sewing machine for this card and didn't, for my last.

But I guess Kim is worth it. She is one of the truest, most giving friends you could ever wish to have. She owns the sharpest wit, and the most killer laugh I've ever known a Southern Belle to have.

Happy Birthday, Kim. Hope this birthday is the bestest.

But wait, there a just a couple more people that want to wish Kim the best on her birthday.

26 comments:

Jody Morrow said...

Super cute card! :) Love it. :)

Kelli Hull said...

LOVE IT!!!!! Cats and MFT... a BEAUTIFUL THING!!!!!

Chris said...

love your card, paper piecing and coloring are great.

Dawn Easton said...

This is totally adorable!

StampOwl said...

this is adorable!!!!!!!

Kim said...

Holy CARP, that is amazing!!!! Wow. OK, don't open the envelope I am sending out today with your cards... Love you!!

Leigh OBrien said...

Awwww...Alma, this is soooo sweet. Love everything about this card...so bright and colorful too.

Cassie said...

Wowza, I love it ;D

Jodi Collins said...

This is GORGEOUS! LOVE the colors, all the sewing and the ribbons!!

Bonnie Lynn said...

Wow!! This is so fantastic Alma!

Carolyn King said...

perfection! Kim will love it!

Robin said...

Cute Card - I LOVE the 3-D effect of the sentiment panel!!

Kerry Johnson said...

Love this Alma!! The birthday cake in her hand is genius!

g said...

super WOW- this is so amazing!! sweet sweet coloring & layering and just all of it- rockin' card!!

Barbara said...

Totally adorable, Alma! Love how you combined sets!!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

So, so sweet, Alma -- the shading on Lil' Kim (don't you think that should be the PI girl's official name? *giggle*) is perfection, and your post touched me. I agree with everything you said about our mutual friend! :)

Christina Fischer said...

Adorable, Alma! I love the way you combined the sets! :)

Lori Craig said...

Oh. my. goodness. Alma - this is just darling! I LOVE your cutie-pie little card.

Julie said...

Alma, this is just too sweet! Love all the colors and the sentiment swag is perfect!

Michele Boyer said...

Awww...this is totally adorable! I love the little pieced dress (and the icing)!

Melody said...

Great card Alma! What a cute combination!

Sherrie said...

Aren't you smart...adding that cake to the fairy girl! Love it Alma!

Tammy Hershberger said...

This is WAY too stinkin' cute! LOVE the colors, the stick pins, the twill ribbon, paper piecing! I keep looking and see more cute stuff! Fabulous card!

Amy Rohl said...

This is absolutely adorable, Alma! You pulled out all the stops, and I love 'em all!

Erin Smetak said...

What a darling card!!!! I love it!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is fabulous!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin