Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Kirsten Dubosque








It's Special Guest Designer Wednesday! And the time that I feature a special designer who has caught my eye. (Okay, I stalk them). This month I am so happy to announce that Kirsten Dubosque is our Special Guest Designer for May.

Kirsten, first caught my eye when she became a DT member for two of my favorite stamp companies, MFT and American Art Stamp. And since she had been a customer of mine, I checked her out. And boy am I glad I did.

Kirsten not only brings a great sense of style to her projects, but she brings humor and a sense of fun. I can't tell you the number of times I've been looking at her cards and I just have to smile.

What makes Kirsten tick?

What got you into stamping?
I went to a Stampin' Up! party, thinking I could use stamps in my scrapbooking. Next thing I know, I'm up to my elbows in greeting cards! LOL

How long have you been stamping?
Since the end of 2005.

What's your favorite product?
I can't seem to make a card without ribbon, so I'll have to go with that. Buttons are quickly becoming a close second, though!

No buttons on this card, but there is ribbon. Check out what she's done with some Cat's Pajamas stamps.

This card uses images from our "Spring Fling" Clearly Swanky Set. This card just screams Easter Egg hunt to me. Can't you just picture kids searching in the tall grass for eggs? And I love Kirsten's use of color here. Who would've thought turquoise and orange for Easter? But it works.

Want to see more of Kirsten? Check out her blog and come back next Wednesday for another great card.

4 comments:

Amy Rohl said...

Yeah, Kirsten is wonderful, and pretty darn funny from what I hear! Glad to have you with us this month, Kirsten Ü

I love what you've done with this set, especially the grass since I'm always at a loss with it! Wonderful whimsical feel here.

Niki Estes said...

Congratulations, Kirsten! I always love your cards and this one is so cute, too! Love the scene you created!

Susan (susiestampalot) said...

yay, kirsten!! you're one of my favorites!! i love this card! congrats and i'll be talkin' to ya!

Carol said...

Kirsten, this is a fabulous card - love all the deatails in that scene you created! The coloring is PERFECT and all the elements go so nicely together - great job!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin