Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Kirsten Dubosque 4








It's Special Guest Designer Wednesday! And Kirsten Dubosque is our Special Guest Designer for May.

Since it's the last Wednesday of the month, I thought you'd like to hear more about Kirsten in a little Q & A. So we asked her...

What's your favorite stamping technique or tip?
I would say that paper piecing would have to be my favorite technique. It's one more way to use my beloved patterned paper!

What was the first stamp you bought, and what was your last?
The first stamp was a snowman trio from Michael's, and the last was a set from Papertrey Ink.

What has been your happiest moment?

Definitely the birth of my son! I know it's a predictable answer, but nothing surpasses that.

Besides stamping, what is your next passion?
Definitely quilting. I was a quilter first, and I know that I will always be one. Something about making something that keeps your loved ones warm!

Ahhhhh! Love that! Now onto her card.


Here you can see a little bit of her favorite technique in the paper pieced balloon. And her love of buttons and ribbon? Check. But notice the little extra surprise in the Acetate star! It really helps bring the focus back to the penguin. And see how she added the words up the edge for an extra bit of design? Loves it!

I saved this card for last. Seems that May is the happening month for birthdays with The Cat Pack. Ana had hers at the beginning of the month, Leigh at the beginning of the week and Amy's is today! And there is me, of course. My birthday is Saturday. So thank you, Kirsten for helping us celebrate by being our Special Guest Designer for May.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin