Monday, January 15, 2007

Robot love


Between filling orders (Thank you, everyone) and doing inventory. And prepping for the upcoming shows and the like I had yet to sit down and play with the stamps in the new line.

Since I design the images months in advance and tweak and pull and adjust each one many, many times by the time the images are actually born as stamps I am designing the next line without getting to play with them.

So this week I was inspired by Julie Ebersole. And came up with this little card.

I used my favorite paper, Perle that I got at the Paper Zone (This paper is so great because it is so dense that ink sits nicely on top and doesn't get sucked into it. Plus it has these purty gold sparkles in it for added bling.) Then I used Brilliance Platinum Planet and stamped Love Rocket, Small Whirlygig, and I see stars on it.

Love Robot came next, stamped in Versafine Onyx Black, and then I used a black Marvy Marker to swipe the balloons from Tink with balloons and draw in the balloon strings. Punched out the little cutie and mounted him on a scalloped punchout. I used the Sakura glaze and glitter pens to color him in.

I used Versafine again to stamp You send me and used punches to create the holes for threading the ribbon which I fastened on itself with a spiffy red brad.

He's a cutie.

2 comments:

toners said...

Alma, this one is definitely a cutie! I will have to check out the paper you described; it sounds perfect for stamping :)

Toni

Tracy H said...

Oh man! I'm a FOOL for these stamps. That rocket is so dang cute!

Signed,

Sprinkle Obsessed!

aka Tracy

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin