Thursday, July 13, 2006

Back in the saddle again

Well, I'm back.

It was so much fun being back in SoCal. The first thing Anthony and I did after we arrived was go to Marukai. Gosh, I love that place. All the sweet gadgets and gizmos. I especially love their plastic selection. So, I stocked up so many plastic containers that there was hardly any room in the truck.

Then we went to Sonic. Mmmm. A trip to Sonic may not seem like anything special to those who are lucky enough to be close to one, but the nearest one to us in San Francisco is some 50 miles away in Tracy. When we watch TV we are constantly teased and tempted by Sonic commercials. So when one comes within 5 miles away you have to take advantage. I think we ate there at least 3 or 4 times in the 4 days we were there.


On Thursday I taught a MIT class at Stampin EJ's. Those gals were a blast. Here they are just having fun, concentrating on their cards. Stampin EJ's is in a great craft and antique mall called Debra's Cottage. Very cute stuff in there. Then it was off to lunch and Scrapbook Oasis. Then we hit the biggest stamp store in LA: Stampin from the Heart. They had just had a big birthday sale, but there were still great things to be found. (Gosh, I miss LA)

Here is Eva and Michi at lunch with a bag of bread. Michi's hubby is very particular about the care of bread. So she made sure it never left her sight and was never in the sun or hot car. What a good wife.

Friday, I hooked up with my friend, Janis and headed South. South to Stamp Delights in La Mesa and the Stamp Addict in San Diego and lastly, the Mecca of stamping: A Little Bizaar. It's been a while since I've been there and it was worth it. Laurie is so great, she stayed open late for us while we chatted her head off.

Saturday and Sunday was the Carson Convention. This is, by far, one of the best conventions I have gone to and this time was no exception. There were a ton of vendors. Some old favorites and some new ones. Memory Box and A Muse. Savvy and Zettiology. Curtis Collection, and Magenta. And Tim Holtz was there and Dee Gruenig. The excitement in the air was electric.
I haven't been to a convention like this in ages.

I was at the American Art Stamp booth and it was jumping. They introduced a bunch of new designs and they were going like hotcakes. They also had some great deals on ink pads. I even had to get some.

I saw so many friends, it was like being home again. Ellie, Metoka, Laura, Laurien, Gloria, Willie and Kristie. I saw the gals from CR Bloomin Stamps in Long Beach and Kimi from Island Images in Gardena. I saw Shauna looking quite refreshing and retro in orange and green. And several new friends from Stampin EJ

Our booth was right next to Sunday International where Dee Gruenig was. I watched in wonderment as she enthralled the crowd in front of her booth with a few markers and rubber stamps. She's a master.

All in all, a great convention.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin